The mission of Mechanical Engineering Department has three tenets that center on the principle of improving lives and livelihoods: to create knowledge through research in the science and technology of mechanical engineering; to share knowledge through educational programs and the dissemination of our new discoveries; and to develop the professional potential of faculty, staff, and students.
Our department expands the frontier of human knowledge in the discipline of mechanical engineering through fundamental and applied research conducted by faculty and students. As skilled researchers, we bring the principles of mechanical engineering to bear on important problems of national, and even global, implication: energy and the environment; health and safety; information and cyber infrastructure; and national security. Our research portfolio encompasses traditional areas of mechanical engineering, as well as emerging and interdisciplinary ones. Through initiative and innovation, we expand the frontiers of the mechanical engineering profession.
1. To produce creative and innovative mechanical engineers by the pioneering the effort in frontier areas of engineering and technology.
2. To progress towards the advancement of knowledge through education and research in mechanical engineering.
3. Provide mechanical engineering expertise to industry, government and society.
4. Engage in life-long learning for ourselves to be better engineers and educator.
5. Create an environment, through service to the profession that enhances the success of other missions.
6. To make each student master in fundamentals, versatility of mind, motivation for learning, intellectual discipline and self-reliance which provide the best foundation for continuing professional achievement.
To be an academic excellence and a vibrant department in the institution to make the students as successful technocrats by providing the leadership qualities, updated technical skills to match the industrial needs and by conducting more research and development programmes.
1. Formation of Technical, Cultural and Sport societies with active participation of large number of students under the keen supervision of faculty.
2. The intellectual growth of our students is of paramount importance.
3. Research, integrated with education is performed that serves the needs of industry, government and society.
4. We and our students disseminate our work in national and international forums, so that we all may grow through peer review and through the exposure to professional standards of excellence.
5. We serve society through the diverse expertise of students, staff, faculty and alumni.
6. All members of the department are encourage to pursue personal growth to their benefit and to the benefit of the Department, College and University.